Sunday, April 17, 2011

Second Semester

There was one more 3D model from last semester that I could have posted, but I never made a render of it, it was a cool scythe I designed and modelled before we were taught how to render.  Perhaps one day I'll get around to that.

--

However, now we can get into second semester, I will begin with some pieces of digital art that I put together for my second semester Photoshop Class


This character came to me one night when I was laying down for bed, the next day I drew him up in a couple different poses, developed the concept, and then coloured him in Photoshop.  I was pretty happy with him at the time, looking at it now however...  Well, it's an artistic cliche to dislike your own work, so, I'll let the viewer be the judge.


This was one project that I was very pleased with when I finished it.  We were given a brief on a story about space pirates and a multiplying monster, we could illustrate either of them, and I chose the monsters, here's what I came up with.  The picture was very challenging for me as it had a great many number of surfaces in it, including metal, skin, marble, membrane, lips, eyes, and water, many of which I had no experience with in Photoshop.  But I worked on this piece for several days and I think it turned out pretty good.

--

I wish I had blogged more through the months, however, I am happy to look nostalgically over all my own work and see how I've improved.





Flynn

No comments:

Post a Comment