Friday, April 15, 2011

Return

With just a week to catch up on posting a whole lot of work, I think I'll start posting my favourite assignments from each class I've taken this year.

Starting tonight with my Photoshop class from last semester.


Here I just did the colouring and the cross-hatching, we were told to do so in whatever style we wanted. As you can see, against my realistic tendencies, I went with a decidedly Dr. Seuss look.  It quickly became a fun project once I saw the potential for colour.


The swords above were part of a final exam in my Photoshop class in my first semester.  The sword on the left was given to us, as well as an outline of the sword on the right.  Our job was to copy the style from the old sword onto the new.  I think I did a fair job, it was my first time really doing anything like this, with opacity and flow, I learned a lot in those three hours.


A game background was the project.  I'm not quite sure what exactly it was that inspired me to make what you see here.  It was just an amalgamation of several Dungeons & Dragons ideas I've had over the years.  In any case, it turned out okay, looking back I've certainly vexed with a few details, but it was a fine experiment in using textures in Photoshop.

---

So there's just a few little pics  however, there will be more to come, there was so many pieces done in this class alone that I'll be posting more tomorrow (or later today rather), but I need some sleep first.

I have to get some stuff on here that I haven't just been doing for school, which to be frank is scarce in the past few months.





DM[F]R

No comments:

Post a Comment