Saturday, April 16, 2011

Another Showcase of my Novice Work in Photoshop

Like I said yesterday, there's still so much more to upload.  I'll put up a few more pictures today of projects I did in last semester's Photoshop class.

One of my very, very first projects in the class, we were to choose a logo to replicate.  Of course, being the Dungeon Master that I am, I chose to work on the 3.5 logo for Dungeons & Dragons.  It turned out okay, it's much brighter than the actual logo though.  I can't beat myself up too much for these older pieces as they were all just learning experiences.  Though I guess you could say that about any art project.


A midterm exam in the Photoshop class saw us assembling many provided stock pictures of popular video game assets into a faux magazine cover.  For the time that I finished this in, I think it looks alright. I've never been much of a Street Fighter, but "Hadouken" is a word that holds a special place in every cheesy gamer's heart.


The project here was to photoshop a metal surface.  I started off by referencing an online tutorial,  then went my own direction.  I have as little idea as you do about what the meaning in this picture is.  I need to send it to my fellow Dungeoners though for a desktop wallpaper, as nonsensical as it is.

---

More to come of course, but I think that's all I'll post for my first semester's Photoshop class.  There were a bunch of Paper Mario assets that we traced in Illustrator and recoloured, however,  I'm not one to hold much stock in traced pictures.

Cheers,





DM[F]R

No comments:

Post a Comment